Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Projects


The fabric I ordered online came in today! I'm so excited to get started making some bags... I attempted to this afternoon but it's a little too frustrating when you have little helpers who want to "cut too". I'm going to have to keep this stuff hidden if I don't want to find it in peices, I fear. I just discovered this winter that I really like to sew... I used to say I couldn't stand it- but I guess that was before I really tried on a good machine (my mom's). For now, I'll keep borrowing hers. Maybe someday down the road I'll get my own. My jump-in-head-first instinct wants to just start cutting pieces out... But the rational-take-your-time-and-do-it-right voice is winning. I must have patience and do it in order: First things first- draw up the pattern. I'll let you know how it turns out- but don't hold your breath. I'm famous for starting things in a hurry and then taking six months to finish.

No comments: