Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stacks of Fabric VS Stacks of Laundry

Now, there's a no-brainer. Hit the fabric, of course.

Awww... Now that schools out for a few moments, I'm dreaming of all the projects I could get done. I'm pulling out the stacks of material again. Pouring through the second-hand decorating magazines. (Every summer I stock up on a large pile of decorating magazines at garage sales). Time to start creating. But where do I start? I really want to sew a couple of bags and maybe another baby carrier. And then there's scrapbooking. I'd love to get caught up (or at least put a start on) my kid's albums.

And then. And then, there's my house... It's so in need of a major overhaul- starting with my laundry room that erupted sometime in July and never really quit exploding. Here's a humbling admission: I started packing away "winter clothes" sometime in the spring... And never finished. So those things are kind of floating around my craft room (which happens to be right outside the laundry room) with no real home. Stuff em' in a box in the closet or just stick them back in the drawers? I guess at this point there's really no point in packing those things away, now is there? I have never been known for my efficiency, that's for sure.

But, I'm seriously feeling giddy with energy to get a move on some things around here- even the housework. Gasp! I know I have a limited time before the dreaded schedules start back up so I'm going to make the most of it. With ample time to sit around and read my book and enjoy the sun, too, of course. Haha, I'm a dreamer...

No comments: