Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Biggest Fan

The other day, Lydia said to me, "Mom, you're a pretty good singer." And even though I know I am far from it (my voice waivers and cracks all over the place as I sing along to the radio and I can't even seem to get the tune right when I rock my babies and sing to them...) Even though I know no one else in the world would ever venture to say such a thing to me, I'm grinning.

And, no. Not because I want to be a good singer.

Because I know someday my little girl will grow up and won't think I'm very cool. Because I know that one day she'll look at me and roll her eyes when I start belting along with the radio in my crazy see-saw voice. But at three years old, in her eyes, she gives me her vote of approval. And that makes my day.

Because right now, in this moment: she things I'm pretty good.

No comments: