Monday, February 9, 2009

Unexpected Good-Morning Phone Call

This is becoming a little too routine. I might start to expect it or something. This is the second week in a row that my clinical has been cancled. I woke up, ten to five, hopped in the shower and started gettting ready when I got a call at 5:30 from my instructer telling me clinical is cancled. Huh. Not sure why since the bad weather (freezing rain) isn't supposed to hit till later today, but I'll take the day off. I'm too wired to go back to bed, however, so I'm sure just about the time when the kids are rolling out of bed I'll be ready for a nap.

Unexpected days off are always motivation for me to get some things accomplished... Or just read a book... Or get some things accomplished. And being up and ready to go before the kids is always enjoyable- I feel like I have a better hold on the day when we're not all stumbling toward the kitchen together right after we wake up. I kind of like a head start. Makes me wonder if I should re-think my night-owl ways and start getting to bed a little earlier... I think I bring this up every few months or so. As you can see, it has not yet happened. Oh, well. All too soon I'll have school kids and it won't be possible to sleep in with them anymore- enjoy while I can, right?

Anyways. I think I'll go find myself some more coffee.

Enjoy your Monday!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yay for a day off! Enjoy it!