Saturday, January 16, 2010

One whirlwind week down... Not sure how it can already be Saturday night but it is. I'm catching my breath for a few days before it all begins again.

We took our older two kids to a hockey game tonight while the little one went bumming with Grandma and Grandpa. I was a bit amused by the fact that my kids knew next to nothing about hockey. Who are the guys in the stripes? Is that big truck going to come back and clean the ice? What do those numbers mean up there- 4 and 4?

Ah, gee. Sorry kiddos. Apparently we haven't been to very many hockey games in your young little lives. When Lydia was the only one we went several times that winter. Then they went to a couple games with Ryan last year, but according to him they lost interest as soon as their candy supply ran out. Such good little dedicated fans they are. Tonight they enjoyed it. Of course a nice size box of popcorn split between the two of them probably helped.

We topped off the evening with a trip to Wal-mart for some essentials- needed some thread and bias tape to finish a car seat liner (cover?) I'm working on. When I pulled out the car seat to wash the original cover a few weeks ago my mind suddenly conjured up an idea to sew up something a bit more fresh. It's close to being done and I'm excited with how it's turning out so far. But it did present with it's share of headaches. At one point I felt as if I was doing more ripping out than sewing. Ugh. That's when sewing becomes a (dare I say it?) chore. Maybe I'll post some pictures when it's complete.

I went into my sewing room... er... the kitchen this afternoon to sew and was promptly followed by two little tag-alongs who wanted to sew as well. So... I pulled out the little sewing machine that was mine when I was a kid (a tough little machine!) and cut some squares for them to make little quilts. They actually did really well and even though I got exactly nothing done on my projects they were excited to really put something together. And, admittedly, it was fun for me to see them take up an interest in something that I enjoy so much.

And with that I'm going to call it a night.
G'night.

No comments: