Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Twas just days before Christmas...

...And ooh, those Oreo truffles in the front porch are killing me. I'm scrimping with them on the party trays, I can't stop thinking about them when I'm sitting down to a cup of coffee. Or right after I've eaten a meal. Or first thing in the morning when I wake up. Or right before I'm heading up the stairs to go to bed. It's rather distracting. And I have this sinking feeling that by the time our last party rolls around on Sunday evening there will be no more Oreo truffles to stick on the plate. They're that good. Or I'm just that pregnant. Either way, I can't let them be. Just one more. Okay. ONE more. And that's it... After the next one. Wait, that one has an odd shape- better get rid of it quick.

I'm trying to waste some time waiting for the kids to fall asleep so I can finish up some last minute things. But they continue to talk and giggle and anticipate, I'm sure, as they have every night for the past week about Santa coming and what he might bring them. Their excitement is no longer containable and it's rather contagious as well. I'm feeling a bit giddy with anticipation myself. Or that could just be the sugar buzz from the truffles.

Or it could be the fact that I'm already slightly overtired. I did something completely uncharacteristic this morning- woke up at 6:30, quickly ate my breakfast and drank my morning coffee while I put the finishing touches on my to-do list, and then went crazy. By 7:40 a.m. I had the entire kitchen cleaned (not a small feat, I might add), the cupboards scrubbed (thanks to my Norwex cleaning rags), and had the floor mopped. I tackled the bathroom as well before the kids awoke. And after they were up and fed, I moved on to the living room (hauled some toys up to the kid's bedrooms, quickly stuffed a few things into a bag to get rid of while they weren't watching), waded through the entry way, cleared out the hallway that seems to be a clutter magnet of miscellaneous homeless items. I have to admit, I was inspired by Juli last week. Thanks Juli- my Christmas present to myself is a clean house! Feels nice.

It's those truffles, I tell you.

Okay, I think the kids are finally settling down. It's been quiet for a few minutes. Time for me to get back to work!

1 comment:

Cami said...

I'm thinking that I need some of those truffles to get move on the cleaning over here too! lol. Us full time students to get a handle on the house before the chaos begins again in January!