Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your day was peaceful and happy. Santa came to this house last night and unloaded a pile of presents under the tree- my kids said they heard him on the rooftop.

This morning both sets of grandparents came over to watch the kids open their presents. The kids amazingly slept in until 9 a.m.- all the Christmas partying has finally caught up with them. However, by about 9:08 all presents were opened. Okay I exaggerate... but only slightly- it didn't take them long to tear through the paper to discover if Santa had delivered their little requests.

My parents then moved on to their next stop while Ryan's parents stayed for lunch (that they provided.) Usually we've gone to their house for lunch on Christmas day, but with the weather unpredictable today and Ryan having to work the afternoon shift, we decided it would be easier to cook lunch here. Talk about easy (for me)! They came in the door with all the fixings for a delicious ham dinner- and all I did was I provide the oven.

So, now the kids are content as can be- busy with their new toys and I'm relaxing here with a cup of coffee musing at how quiet they're being.

What a perfect Christmas Day. So thankful for all we've been blessed with in this life and for that first Christmas day!

No comments: