Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Cleaning will have to wait 28 more days...

Wow, this blog needs a serious facelift. I kind of cringe when I open it and see how desperate it I have let it become. Exhausted posts, worn out fonts, a visually unappealing dead-end begging for a second chance. And whenever I stop by, instead of sticking around long enough to do anything about it, I run away quickly so I don't have to look at it. Kind of the same way I treat my laundry room-which-has-now-morphed-into-my craft room. One look inside those doors and I start to hyperventilate to the point where I close them back up tight and make myself scarce before I pass out from pure panic at what it has turned into.

There's no room for creativity in that craft room anymore. It's been taken over by and overwhelming amount of stuff that has the walls feeling awfully tight. Piles of clothes that are headed for a garage sale or Goodwill, piles of clothes that are clean but haven't made it to their rightful owner's rooms, piles of clothes on their way to the wash, all clutter the table and floor. Stacks of school books from the past six semesters- collecting dust because I never got around to listing them on ebay. {cringe} Papers that were supposed to be filed and winter mittens that are on their way into storage litter themselves across the counter that once housed scrapbooking supplies. Still probably does but they are not currently visible beneath the heaps and stacks of junk.

Well. If you'll kindly notice that cheesy little countdown ticker on your left over there you'll see that my school days are numbered. Ahem, 28 to be exact. So, I'm forced to believe there's hope that some day in the near future when life isn't so full of papers to write, tests to study for, and careplans to create I will get this blog spring-cleaned as well as the rest of this house. I have projects cooking in my mind and ideas bouncing around the corners of my brain.

So kindly put up with the desolate disposition this blog has taken and hopefully someday in the near future new air will be breathed through the cobwebs that clutter it now.

In the meantime- I'll be counting down till my life is once again my own. Less than a month: 4 days of class, 3 days of regular clinical, 2 days of OB clinical, 1 day of exams... Now that just sounds downright crazy. Yeeeah!

3 comments:

Anna said...

The end is in sight!! I'll say it for you (actually probably with you): Wahooo!!! ;) Hang on tight, then ENJOY the summer!

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!! Don't look at what you haven't done....look at what you have!!! How awesome that you are on the home stretch!! The other stuff is just details! :)
Christy K.

Cami said...

I'm with you on this one! I've got stuff piled up from the past two years and like you...I'm sick and tired of it. I want to spring clean but don't have time, I want to start sewing again but don't have time, I want to have time to visit with friends but rarely have time to spend it with my family. Care maps (as we call them) suck, extra paper work sucks, studying is WAY over-rated, and May 4 can't come soon enough!

WAHOO! almost done! and an extra kudos for you and your husband going through this at the same time!