Friday, October 9, 2009

The merry-go-round ride continues and once again it's Friday. My house is upside down and showing severe signs of neglect as all I've done this week is run in and out. Finally, I'm home, and plan to stay here for a bit.

So here I sit, once again without much of a voice due to the world's longest cold. Seriously, I just can't get rid of this thing. Just when I think I'm almost over it it comes creeping back. Can't have much to do with too little sleep and too many 5 a.m. mornings, now can it? Not to mention a test yesterday that parralleled the boards in difficulty.

But, ahh... The weekend's here. And I think my older two have schemed up a plan to go spend the night at Grandma & Grandpa's which leaves my Saturday wide open. Hopefully I can whip this house back into shape while still spending an adequte amount of time with my feet up. Yes, I'm a dreamer.

I had an ultrasound this morning and the baby was so active the tech was having a hard time getting measurements. It took her awhile and at one piont she commented, "If this baby comes out this active you're going to be in for trouble." Oh? Sounds like one of the family to me.

Oooh, mom's aren't meant to lose their voice. Let me vent here for a moment: it's not fair. The kids completely ignore me when I try to talk to them and Lydia just laughed at me and said, "It's kind of funny when you yell."

Thanks. I'll just take a bowl of chicken soup a good book now, please.

2 comments:

Aleena said...

Hope you get better soon!

Megan said...

me too! If I come up next weekend perhaps me, you and Juli can have a catch up visit. :) Hang in there! Your almost half way through the semester!